Here at Oasis Eye Care we specialize in children’s vision, and pediatric eye exams. We use a wide array of methods to assess the vision of children ages 0-18. We provide comprehensive vision assessments to all children. We specialize in vision therapy as well as perceptual therapy please click here for additional information.
- Nearly 25% of school-aged children have vision problem’s.
- Of children ages 3-5, close to 1 in 20 has a problem that could result in permanent vision loss if left untreated.
- It is estimated that 80% of preschoolers do not receive any vision screenings.
- Book your children’s eye exams FREE today!
- First eye exam is recommended at 6 months of age
Common vision concerns with children:
- Lazy eye:
- 2 Types
- Strabismus related- True “Eye Turn”, where the eyes do not point straight ahead. Typically a muscle problem
- Refractive Amblyopia- Large prescription in one or both eyes. This is usually asymptomatic early on and can go undetected.
- Both eyes: Unclear retinal images presented to the brain. This can lead to permanent vision loss in both eyes
- One eye: Means that the “good” eye takes over and the brain ignores the “bad” eye. This can eventually lead to blindness in the “bad” eye.
- Treatment: if treated before the age of 6 most cases of amblyopia will resolve completely
- 2 Types
We also carry a wide range of children’s glasses and sunglasses, please in store for our selection.
For more information on the importance of sun-care for children please click here
Watch the following video’s for more information: